Lately e5 has been striving into the topic of scalable net carbon sinks. In the IPCC Special Report SR 1.5 of October 2018 almost all Scenarios to reach the 1.5-degree-Celsius-Goal need CDR (Carbon Dioxide Removal) in different forms. e5 is discussing those different CDR-Measures concerning Global Impact, Scalability, Economic Consequences, Sustainability and Implementation Chances and Risks according to SDGs.
In this context e5 has been supporting scientific articles about the use of new construction and building materials as a sustainable carbon sink, mentioned in the IPCC SR 1.5 in chapter 18.104.22.168, titled Substitution and Circularity: “ . . . Material substitution and CO2 storage options are under development, for example, the use of algae and renewable energy for carbon fibre production, which could become a net sink of CO2 (Arnold et al., 2018)“.
A well summarized abstract and direct link to the articles can be found in a press release dated 2018-11-13 of Technical University Munich (TUM).
Meet us at COP24 in Katowice on our booth in the official UNFCCC conference exhibition area, here our e5 COP24 TUM Press release
- Side Event at the occasion of UNFCCC COP23 in Bonn: Delivering Innovative Business Solutions & Clean Energy; organized by the International Council for Sustainable Energy & the Demand Response & Smart Grid Coalition; Friday, November 10, 2017 | 15:30 – 16:05
- Information booth at the occasion of UNFCCC COP20 in Lima: Material effiency and climate friendly means to produce new building materials; organized by the European Business Council for Sustainable Energy (e5) & Global Center for Efficiency of Resources and Materials (GCERM); 1 to 12 December 2014
- Side Event at the occasion of UNFCCC COP18 in Doha: The Chemical Industry’s Contribution to Building Energy Efficiency and GHG Reduction; organized by the European Business Council for Sustainable Energy (e5) & International Council of Chemical Associations; Friday, December 7, 2012 | 13:15-14:45
- Side Event at the occasion of UNFCCC COP18 in Doha: Innovation, the Environment and the 2050 Goal: Coordinating the Efforts of Industry and IGOs to Mitigate the Impact of Climate Change; organized by the European Business Council for Sustainable Energy (e5) & International Council of Chemical Associations; Tuesday, December 4, 2012 | 14:30-15:15
- Side Event at the occasion of UNFCCC COP14 in Poznan/ Poland: Material Efficiency – the Missing Link. organized by in cooperation with , the Global Center for Efficiency of Resources and Materials (GCERM) and TechnoCarbon Technologies; Monday, December 8, 2008 | 10:00 – 11:30